Trainers at TekSource
TekSource assigns the most experienced and qualified instructors in the Microsoft Industry and VMware Industry. Our trainers are more than just qualified MCT’s or VCP’s who have certifications in the subjects they teach. They are subject matter experts who have worked a minimum of 5 years in their core trainables and have experience in exam creation, e-learning development, authoring IT texts, consulting with senior training and public speaking experience, writing courseware and developing labs. Some hold PHD’s in Computer Science, and are members of IT advisory boards, architects and Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professionals (MVP’s).
Meet some of our highly qualified Technical staff:
MCP and SharePoint MVP, is focused on designing and developing custom solutions with SharePoint, MS Office, and the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack. As a technical leader with over a decade of experience in the software industry, he has helped many enterprise development teams architect and build large-scale, mission-critical applications. In addition to consulting, Reza is an instructor and speaker. He speaks at many local and international conferences. Reza has been also nominated as the top 20 contributor to the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) for three years since 2006. Most recent contributions include:
• Received the Microsoft Most Valued Professional (MVP) award from Microsoft to recognize the contributions made to the information technology professionals’ community. MVP is the Microsoft’s highest public award, for excellence in the Reporting Services (2005) and SharePoint developer community (2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009). In 2006 and 2007 the honor of this award was made to only 4 persons in Canada.
• Member of advisory board and external contributor to Microsoft SharePoint Patterns & Practices
• Co-author of the first book about SharePoint 2010 Development : Professional SharePoint 2010 Development
• Co-author of Professional Microsoft SharePoint 2007 Reporting with SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
• Member of the SharePoint Summit board of Directors
Windows Desktop Experience MVP
MCT and Windows Desktop MVP, is an experienced consultant and trainer for over 10 years, Mitch has created & customized courseware for various clients including Microsoft and delivered customer courseware on high-level topics to Microsoft Enterprise clients & Partners. He was the primary writer and SME for five e-learning courses on virtualization for Microsoft Learning, Praxis Technologies. His most recent contributions include:
• Co-authored MCTS/MCITP Exam 70-620 Prep Kit: Independent and Complete Self-Paced Solutions
• Architecting Microsoft Server Virtualization Solutions with Hyper-V and SCVMM Lead Subject Matter Expert, writer (Microsoft Corporation)
• TechEd 2010 (North America), Expert at Windows 7, Deployment, Optimized Desktop booths.
• TechDays (Canada) Windows 7 & Server 2008 Expert (Ask the Experts Booth, Toronto)
• Windows Client Deployment using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Designed and delivered to numerous IT Pro User Groups throughout Canada and the United States.
• TechEd 2009 (North America), Expert at Windows 7, Deployment, Essential Business Server booths.
• An Introduction to Windows 7,IT Professionals Community of Greater Toronto – Toronto, Ontario, MVP Open Days, Winnipeg, Manitoba
• Deployment and Migration Best Practices of Microsoft Essential Business Server 2008, Microsoft Canada – TechDays 2008 – Toronto & Montreal
Senior Exchange Consultant and Trainer (Nominated for Exchange MVP 2010)
MCITP, MCTS, MCT (MVP Nominee) has designed, implemented and supported enterprise MS Exchange 2007/2010, and Blackberry Enterprise Server migrations, including multi-site topologies, prepping new forests, building trust, upgrading email address policies, transport rules, MRM settings, transferring mailboxes, contacts, free/busy and public folders. Scenarios included coexistence between Exchange 2003 to 2007 or 2010, and forest to forest migrations. Tools used were primarily Quest, ADMT and Windows Powershell. Software supported was Server 2003, 2008, MS Exchange 2003, 2007 & 2010, Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.0 & 5.0. Other technologies included, Terminal Services & Remote Desktop Services (VDI with PVD and VDP) Most environments consisted of Hyper-V and VMWare ESX Server as well as Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008. Paul is a senior consultant and trainer for over 10 years.
Senior Developer and SQL Trainer
MCSE+I+M+S(NT, W2000/3/8),MCPD(Enterprise2.0/3.5) MCSD(VB, C++,C#), MCDBA(7.0, 2000), MCITP(Ent.Messaging, Server Admin, BI-Dev, DB-Dev-Admin, Dynamics) , MCDTS, MCAD, MCT, MCP+SB, MCSST, MSBSS, MSBSP, has over 15 years training and consulting experience across Canada and the United States. He has developed curriculum for MSCE and MCSD programs, and has developed exams. In addition, he has been the lead consultant for the following:
• Development; Architect of a multi-tier .Net Windows application for a Company that is reselling the application. This application utilizes 250+ database tables, Remoting and SQL Reporting Services. I was the lead developer responsible for design, supervision and training of all developers in the project.
• Web Application: Architected & Developed Web Application for a business to manage their inventory and sales using ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL 2008.
• Network; I have consulted on setups of small to large networks. In addition to setup, I have often been called in for troubleshooting. I have accomplished NT4 to Win2000 to Win2003 company migrations.
• Security; I have setup and consulted on Security implementation in Active Directory environments for Multinational corporations.
• SQL Server; I have consulted in disaster recovery, design requirements, replication and migration strategies I have designed and implemented complex relational databases.
• Exchange Server; I have consulted in setup, design, migration and disaster recovery operations on all versions of Exchange Server.
• Web Server; I have setup and troubleshot web server implementations as well as recommending many configurations. I have acted as a Technical Architect on eCommerce projects for a technical consulting company. I have developed inventory control Web applications that use SQL as a backend and ASP for the application interface.
• Proxy, ISA & Firewalls; I have setup and troubleshot Firewall/Proxy servers.
• Graphics; PhotoShop, Freehand, Corel Draw, PageMaker, Quark Express, Adobe Illustrator, designing and troubleshooting any files associated with these.
Senior Virtualization Trainer/Consultant
PhD Computer Science – Berkley, PhD Applied Mathematics - MIT
Don has had more than two decades of experience in the IT industry offering services inclusive of network architecture, information security, project management, budget management, quality assurance, consultation and training for a wide spectrum of clients. Don is an effective communicator, skilled technician, mentor, leader, manager and team builder equipped to handle problems and resolve them based on sound business principles. Don has provided instruction on VMware & Microsoft virtualization technologies throughout North America; led the Virtualization practice with Fortune 500, Fortune 1000 and smaller organizations; led a team of up to 45 people in MS Windows NT 4.0 conversion, primarily in the ABN AMRO Information Technology Services Company MCSE/LAN/WAN Instructor (Computer Systems Institute); Project Manager – Network Architect – Security (US Broadband); Network Architect and Administrator, Project Manager Staff Supervision (RSA Network Inc.) and Staff Instructor/Subject Matter Expert (Veritas Software). He is highly qualified across his specialty of consultation, project management and training.
Senior Security Trainer/Consultant
Security+, CPTE, CPTC, CDFE, CISSO, CEH, VMTraining Certified Instructor and Mile2 Certified
Duane has had considerable experience in the IT industry over the last two decades; his special focus is undertaking training and consultation to match business, training and public needs for related IT environment. While in college he developed and sold proprietary software applications and provided consulting for large agribusiness enterprises. He then made the transition to the IT security and virtualization fields as a full-time administrator, consultant and instructor.
His ability to absorb and understand the general operation of organizations has enabled him to gather his experience into a focused approach, bringing unique and valuable solutions to clients’ needs. Duane has worked for or with most U.S. and some foreign military branches, U.S. government agencies, banking and regulatory industries and Fortune 500 companies. Duane contributed to the coordination and execution of IT counter-hacking & security courses for the US Marine Corps, US Army, US Air Force, U.S. Treasury, Sprint, IBM, Washington Mutual and Service Canada. Duane’s consulting and training undertakings usually revolve around highly specialized Penetration Testing, Forensics, VMware solutions and general IT security events.
In addition, Duane develops customized and blended security curriculum. Duane has also appeared as an expert witness for several court hearings for IT related matters. His tremendous experience in the field has made him a first rate trainer capable of illustrating his lessons with real life examples.
He confesses that in the spectrum of IT Security he has a passion for Penetration Testing, both as Trainer and Consultant.
Meet some of our highly qualified Microsoft Applications and Adobe Trainers:
Johanna is a highly experienced IT trainer, and consultant. She possesses over 15 years IT training experience. She has designed Office 2007 courseware and training for Niagara Region and Niagara Regional Police. In addition Ms. Sariov has conducted Office 2007 transition training for large law firms of over 300 end users. She is an experienced curriculum developer where she created curriculum for Scotia McLeod, and conducted train the trainer sessions across Canada.
Barry is a highly experienced IT trainer and consultant, specializing in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook all versions including 2007), Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, Act! and Microsoft Publisher. During his 30 years of experience as a trainer/facilitator, he has trained and consulted with many corporations and government agencies. Barry lead the rollout for Outlook 2007 for over 2000 people at the City of Mississauga, and Aird and Berlis Office 2007 transition training; trained over 200 people in Train-the-Trainer Workshops for the MCSE Certification Program (2000), and has on-going training with Susan Sartell and Associates, University of Toronto, Honda Canada, and Computer Help.
Donna is a highly experienced IT trainer, specializing in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook all versions including 2007), Adobe and MAC. She possess over 20 years of training experience. She has trained with many organizations and agencies. She has trained with key clients including City of Mississauga, Region of Peel, and Town of Markham. In addition, Donna is an MOS- Microsoft Office Specialist certification and has her Adult Education and Staff Training Certificate.