6464A: Visual Studio 2008: ADO.NET 3.5
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to access and modify data by using ADO.NET 3.5.
This course is intended for application developers who know how to create applications in Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the purpose and structure of ADO.NET 3.5.
• Explain the role of data providers in ADO.NET 3.5.
• List the technologies and techniques available for managing data with ADO.NET 3.5.
• Insert, update, and delete data by using ADO.NET Command objects.
• Implement transactions to control data integrity and concurrency.
• Define and use a DataSet for retrieving data.
• Use a DataSet to update a database.
• Use a DataSet as a local cache in an occasionally connected environment.
• Define LINQ queries for selecting data from an in-memory data structure.
• Use LINQ to SQL to query data in a database.
• Use LINQ to SQL to modify data and save changes to the database.
• Explain how to use the ADO.NET Entity Framework to map a database schema to a logical business model.
• Use the ADO.NET Entity Framework to query and manage data.
• Explain how Synchronization Services supports occasionally-connected solutions.
• Use Synchronization Services to download data from a SQL Server database.
• Use Synchronization Services to upload data to a SQL Server database.